Take care of your feet regularly to prevent discomfort.
If you want soft heels, you have to care for them accordingly and provide them with moisture. Cracked, dry skin on the feet looks unsightly and could also lead to discomfort.
Cracked, rough heels
Usually only the outer layers of the skin are affected, but if there is insufficient care it can also lead to cracks, some of which are painful.
If the skin on the heels is not supplied with sufficient moisture and is heavily stressed, it often dries out, which can lead to discomfort.
It is assumed that the lack of zinc or omega 3 can also play a role.
Tips for soft heels
The best and easiest tips include closed shoes and plenty of moisturizer. However, if the skin is very dry or already cracked, you can use the following home remedies:
1. Pumice stone and a foot bath
- If you want soft heels, you can take a foot bath for 15 to 20 minutes before going to sleep.
- Then rub your feet well with a pumice stone. Be careful not to cause injury.
- In this way you can remove the dead skin cells and the skin becomes pleasantly soft.
- Then rinse and dry your feet. Finally, apply a moisturizer and put on socks.
Use this treatment every night before bed.
2. Healthy vegetable oils for soft heels
Very often, poor maintenance is the main reason for rough heels. Vegetable oils can be very useful in this case and help moisturize your skin.
- Donating coconut oil or olive oil is ideal for this!
- Apply the oil and put on cotton socks so it can work all night long.
3. Vaseline and lemon juice
Lemon juice and petroleum jelly make the skin supple and also help with cracks.
- First, soak your feet in salt water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then dry them well and rub the heels with a mixture of lemon juice and petroleum jelly.
- Put on cotton socks and let this treatment work all night long.
4. Honey, a natural emollient
Honey is an excellent care product for demanding skin. This bee product provides moisture and makes the skin supple.
- Soak your feet in warm water with some honey.
5. Treatment with paraffin
Paraffin is perfect for making rough heels soft again. This remedy is also very helpful for cracks.
- For this you can make a mixture of paraffin wax and coconut oil or mustard oil.
- Both ingredients are heated to a comfortable temperature and applied to the heels.
- Then put on socks and let them work overnight.
6. Peeling with rice flour
- Mix 2 to 3 spoons of rice flour with honey and apple cider vinegar.
- First bathe your feet in warm water to soften the skin and then apply the scrub in circular motions.
7. Peeling with oatmeal
Oatmeal has an excellent conditioning effect and makes the heels supple.
- Mix a tablespoon of ground oatmeal with a little jojoba oil and apply the scrub to your heels using circular motions.
- Let the scrub work for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
8. Mixture of yogurt and honey
This home remedy for cracked heels is also very effective.
- 1 yogurt (125 g)
- 1 spoon of honey (25 g)
- Mix the yogurt and honey and apply to the rough areas on the heels.
- Repeat this treatment every evening to achieve the desired results.
9. Mixture of baking soda and oatmeal
A mixture of baking soda and oatmeal can also soften the heels. Simply apply this mixture to the affected area with a massage.
10. Castor oil
Castor oil is also an excellent natural remedy for supple skin on the heels. However, do not apply it to open wounds!
- Moisten a cloth with castor oil and place it on the affected areas. You can secure it with tape.