Natural products are becoming increasingly popular and are good for health and nature. We have a few recipes for you today.
No matter how tempting store-bought hair products sound, you can also use natural shampoos that are just as good, if not better, for your hair. They can keep your hair from falling out, give it a nice shine, and make it stronger.
4 natural shampoos you can make yourself
1. Aloe shampoo
You can use this recipe to make a solid aloe shampoo. It might look different, but it has all of the benefits of aloe vera, which are numerous. Use the following ingredients:
- 1 aloe leaf
- 1/2 kg of glycerine soap base
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 150 ml of mineral water or filtered water
- 2 tbsp almond extract
When you have all the ingredients ready, you can start making the natural shampoo:
- Process aloe vera and rosemary with a blender. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water until you reach a gel-like consistency.
- Warm this mixture in a water bath and add the glycerine soap base.
- Add the lemon juice and almond extract.
- When everything is melted, pour the mixture into a mold and let it cool.
- Cut into rectangles and wrap in wax paper.
Use the shampoo one to three times a week. Wet your hair first, then rub the shampoo into your hair. After a few minutes of action, you can rinse your hair.
Natural shampoo with chamomile
Ingredients and utensils you will need:
- 2 wooden sticks
- 1 cup of mineral water
- 1/8 teaspoon of cetyl alcohol
- 4 chamomile tea bags
- 1 liter of sodium lauryl ether sulfate
- 1/8 teaspoon olive oil
- 2.5 liter glass bowl
- 1 liter plastic bottle
Follow these steps to make this shampoo:
- Heat the water and add the tea bags. Then cover the pot and let the brew cool down for 5 minutes.
- Then squeeze out the tea bags and remove them. Add the alcohol and cook everything over low heat until the alcohol disappears.
- Give part of the Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate in a bowl and then slowly pour in the tea-alcohol mixture. Slowly stir with the wooden stick.
- Add the rest of the Sodium lauryl ether sulfate added. When everything is mixed, use a funnel to pour the mixture into the plastic bottle.
Natural rosemary shampoo
This recipe is classic. Rosemary is especially good for dark hair as it gives it a nice color and shine. You need the following ingredients:
- Soapwort root powder
- Essential rosemary oil
- Mix the water, rosemary and soapwort root powder in a saucepan and bring everything to a boil. Stir again and again.
- Then turn off the stove, put a lid on the saucepan, and let the mixture steep for 15 minutes. Then let cool for another hour.
- Then pour through a sieve and add a few drops of rosemary oil.
- Pour the mixture into a bottle.
You cannot store this shampoo for more than 10 days. As you can see, it’s quick and easy to make, so you can make this alternative every week.
Natural shampoo with raspberry leaves
This recipe is good for oily hair. Raspberry leaves, like mint and yarrow leaves, remove excess fat. The hair also becomes beautiful and soft. You will need the following ingredients to make this shampoo:
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberry leaves
- 2 tablespoons of liquid Castilian soap
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup of water
The steps are simple:
- Scald the leaves with the boiling water and let them steep for 20 minutes. Then pour through a sieve.
- Then mix the soap with the olive oil and add 2 to 3 drops of the essential oil of your choice.
- Then mix everything together and pour into a bottle.
Natural shampoos will take care of your hair properly. Try them out!