Eating certain seeds can support the effects of a diet. Thanks to their fiber and amino acids, they are ideal for stimulating the metabolism.
There are many different types of seeds that can aid diet. Of course, they are not miracle cures, but consuming them will aid a diet if you are aiming for weight loss.
Many of them have been nicknamed “fat burners” because they stimulate the metabolism and thus support the loss of some clothes sizes. Others, however, contain fiber and essential nutrients that also contribute to weight loss.
The seeds also have a very pleasant taste that can be combined with other ingredients in the diet. Of course, you can consume them alone or use them in many different recipes.
Do you know the best Discover them in our article!
Healthy seeds for weight loss
Since time immemorial, seeds have been part of the human diet. Over the centuries they have been valued for their energy and nutritional value as they are both a source of both macro and micro nutrients.
However, in recent years it has been used more and more as part of diets as some of the seeds aid weight loss. They are also recommended for health reasons, as they also control high cholesterol and prevent diabetes.
1. Chia seeds
One of the most popular types of weight loss seeds are the chia seeds. In addition to the antioxidants, they are known for their high levels of soluble and insoluble fiber. Since they also contain omega 3 and essential amino acids , they have been declared a super food.
- Regular consumption aids digestion and helps relieve constipation. They also stimulate the metabolism and reduce the accumulation of fat deposits around the stomach.
- Their unsaturated fatty acids make them a good natural remedy for high cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- They are low in calories and also contain proteins and carbohydrates that help the body make the most of its energy.
2. Sunflower seeds
Some people think that only birds eat sunflower seeds. Today, however, they are a regular part of the diet of many as they are great allies for curbing anxiety and obesity .
- They contain large amounts of vitamin E. This is an antioxidant that works against the effects of free radicals on the skin.
- Because of their minerals and vitamins of the B complex, sunflower seeds strengthen muscles and reduce tiredness.
- With their amino acids and carbohydrates, they have a regulating effect on the metabolism.
- Their unsaturated fatty acids help cleanse the arteries and reduce harmful lipids in the bloodstream.
3. Coriander seeds
Coriander seeds are small, light brown and have a slightly citrus-like taste. While their consumption may not be as common as the other options on our list, these are seeds that help slim lines and have many other health benefits as well.
- Their phytonutrients stimulate the metabolism and help regulate glucose levels in the blood.
- They contain essential oils that make a positive contribution to insulin production. This is the key to turning sugar into energy sources.
- They also have a soothing effect on digestive disorders and have a detoxifying effect that promotes the elimination of stored toxins.
4. Sesame seeds
These seeds are obtained from an evergreen plant called Sesamum indicum . It belongs to the Pedaliaceae family. They are known around the world for their medicinal and nutritional benefits. They take care of our weight and prevent diseases.
- Because of their low nicotinic acid content, they help overcome anxiety and cravings.
- Sesame seeds contain amino acids. These support the formation of muscle mass and improve physical condition.
- It’s an interesting source of fiber. Sesame seeds are recommended to aid digestion and control cholesterol.
- Its antioxidants protect the cells against oxidative stress and support the excretory organs.
5. Slimming seeds: flaxseed
Flaxseed consumption has increased dramatically in the past few decades, even though it is actually a very old food. Their popularity these days is related to the recommendations of various famous people in the fitness industry. They swear that flaxseeds are good allies in the fight against obesity.
- This food contains important doses of fiber, polyphenols and essential fatty acids that have a positive effect on the metabolism.
- Their low content of omega 3 increases vitality and improves heart and vascular health. This is especially true because they reduce cholesterol.
- They are gentle on the digestive tract and their natural gels lubricate the intestines to facilitate the elimination of waste.
- They also prolong the feeling of satiety and reduce the tendency to snack on unhealthy foods between meals.
Which of these seeds would you like to try? As you can see, all of them have their benefits when dieting. Choose the type that seems most suitable for your body and just use it in salads or your favorite drinks.