The combination of different abdominal muscle exercises ensures a comprehensive and effective training plan without having to go to the gym or use special equipment.
Exercising at home can be a difficult task if you don’t have the knowledge or motivation to do it. In this article, we’re going to introduce you to six great abs exercises that you can do in the comfort of your own home.
6 great abs exercises that you will love to do at home too
1. The plank
The plank is one of the best and most common ab exercises. You don’t have to do any repetitions, just make sure you have the right posture. This exercise is challenging as you will struggle with it initially and your will will be tested.
- The exercise consists of bringing your legs into a straight position while also being in a push-up position with your elbows bent.
- At the same time you need to pull in your stomach and keep it tense. The longer the better.
- This exercise can be supplemented with push-ups if you want. This way you strengthen your arms at the same time.
2. Russian Twists
To do this exercise, you need to sit on the floor, bend your legs, and lift them up slightly. Keep your feet close together and straighten your arms.
- Once you are in this position, rotate your torso to the right as far as possible.
- Stop for a few seconds, then turn on the other side.
- You should repeat this movement two or three times.
- For added benefit, you can combine this movement with other exercises to create a more difficult sequence of movements.
3. Mountain climber
This exercise works almost all of the muscles in your body and can be included in your cardiovascular training plan as it increases the number of heartbeats per minute.
- To start, take a push-up position. Make sure that your head and back are perfectly straight and support yourself on your outstretched arms.
- Next, pull your stomach in slightly and move one knee towards the abdomen.
- Then repeat the exercise with the other knee.
You will quickly achieve success with this exercise and your body will thank you for it.
- To perform this exercise, you should lie flat on your back with your hands on the floor.
- Now slide your hands under your buttocks. Then lift one leg and try to get a 90 degree angle.
- Next, move your leg back towards the floor while lifting the other leg up at the same time.
The main goal of this great ab exercise is to create a right angle between your two legs. It is important that you do not bend your knees, but that your legs are straight.
Hold the position in the air for a few seconds at a time. Try to do between 25 and 30 repetitions.
5. Spider push-ups
Spider push-ups are also great ab exercises. This exercise is essentially a push-up. However, when you push up, try to touch your elbow with one knee at a time.
The name of this exercise comes from the complicated movements it takes to do it. Even if this exercise is very difficult in the beginning, it is a very effective and great abdominal exercise.
6. Frog kicks
This great ab exercise is designed to work out the middle and upper part of the abdomen, which are undoubtedly some of the most difficult muscle groups to tone.
- For these exercises, sit on the floor and support yourself with one arm.
- Then lift your legs up and bend them slightly.
- Then you alternately stretch your legs and pull them back towards you.
- If you feel a lot of tension in your abdominal wall, it means that you are doing the exercise correctly.
- You should do 10 to 20 reps.
Apart from the fact that you have to learn these abdominal muscle exercises, you also have to be aware that you will only achieve the desired result if you do the exercises regularly and, above all, consistently. You can do great abs almost anywhere, so there’s no excuse.
In addition, you shouldn’t forget how important a healthy diet is if you want to achieve really sustainable results. The combination of diet and exercise will help you achieve your goals.