The beetroot has various health-promoting properties: For example, it can relieve chronic inflammation and prevent arteriosclerosis and high blood pressure.
The beetroot has a very intense taste of earth. It is characterized by numerous health-promoting active ingredients and can be used in a wide variety of recipes. Drink beetroot juice every day !
Those who love this tuber will be pleased to hear that it improves various cognitive functions, among other things. Various studies show that a daily glass of beetroot juice stimulates blood circulation and is therefore also beneficial for the brain.
So what are you waiting for? This juice tastes delicious and has many advantages. Find out more about it afterwards.
Beetroot juice: excellent for brain health
The beetroot originally comes from African coastal areas, but was soon marketed in Asian and European countries.
The rapid spread of this tuber is not only due to its health-promoting properties: the leaves were (and are) valued and were a very popular ingredient in many dishes in ancient Rome, for example.
Napoleon later made the red tuber popular as a source of sugar after the English restricted access to sugar cane for the French.
The beetroot is still an important raw material for the production of sugar, which is particularly good to know for diabetics.
Beetroot contains a high concentration of nitrates. These are converted into nitrites by bacteria in the body.
- These nitrites have a very special ability: They widen the blood vessels and thus promote blood flow and oxygen supply to the cells.
- Celery, cabbage and green leafy vegetables also achieve this effect.
- The nitrates present in the red tuber can be very helpful in preventing a stroke.
Therefore, incorporate beetroot regularly into your nutrition plan! There are many delicious recipes you can make with it.
Beetroot for chronic inflammation
The red tuber is also rich in bioactive ingredients that can help reduce chronic inflammation.
- Inflammation is the cause of many heart diseases and can lead to a stroke, for example.
- The stronger the inflammation, the more difficult it is for blood to flow. As a result, the cells are not supplied with sufficient oxygen and toxins accumulate in the body.
Few enemies are as dangerous to brain health as inflammation.
Making a habit of consuming beetroot two to three times a week can reduce your blood pressure and prevent atherosclerosis.
At the same time, you are promoting your cognitive health.
How is beetroot juice made for a healthy brain?
- 3 fresh beetroot
- 2 carrots
- ¼ red cabbage
- 7 mandarins
- 2 glasses of water (400 ml)
- Wash the beetroot and carrots well.
- Then cut into pieces to make processing easier.
- Wash and cut the red cabbage as well.
- Process these ingredients well in a stand mixer or blender until you have a homogeneous mixed drink.
- Press the mandarins to get their juice.
- Then mix the mandarin juice with the mixed drink. This juice tastes delicious!
Drink this mixed drink during the day: the first glass immediately after getting up on an empty stomach, the second glass with the main meal.
If you wish, you can also process just beetroot together with water to make a mixed drink. This way, too, you can benefit from all the advantages and the preparation is a little faster.
Your brain will be happy about this juice!