To combat hair loss, you need to take care of your body inside and out and keep it healthy. Improve your diet, protect the hair against environmental influences and reduce your stress.
Hair loss can be a real problem for those affected. In this article, we’ll show you 9 tips on how to effectively combat hair loss.
When hair falls out more than usual and loses volume, it can have a negative impact on our self-esteem. Also, it’s often a sign that something is wrong with our body.
Although hair loss is rarely caused by a serious medical condition, you should still be concerned about a healthy lifestyle.
Read on to learn the best ways to combat hair loss .
Fight hair loss with these tips
1. Use natural shampoo
In the short term, shampoo gives your hair a special shine or has the desired effect. However, in the long term, it can damage your hair if it contains certain synthetic additives.
That is why we recommend using a natural shampoo. Even if it takes some getting used to and the hair doesn’t feel quite as silky, it can fight hair loss over a long period of time.
Sulphates and silicones in conventional shampoos ensure that the hair is particularly silky and soft for a few hours after washing. However, you will also find that the hair becomes greasy, brittle or dull all the faster.
Natural shampoos, on the other hand, consist of ingredients such as coconut oil, aloe vera, essential oils and plant extracts.
They are mild on the scalp and also environmentally friendly. There are many different types of organic and natural shampoo in the drugstore. Shampoo soaps are another option: They last longer than bottle shampoo and do not cause plastic waste.
2. Don’t wash your hair every day
Washing your hair every day is generally not recommended. Because daily washing makes it brittle and also messes up the natural protection of the scalp. It also causes hair to fall out faster.
Try to wash your hair only every other day if possible.
3. Take care of your hair
Hair is part of your body, so you should take care of it in the same way as the rest:
- Comb your hair regularly and gently. Use brushes made from a natural material, as they are better for the scalp and prevent frizz.
- Avoid using a blow dryer or flat iron often as they weaken the hair and make it brittle.
- When tying your hair up, try not to pull the bun or ponytail too tight.
- Avoid products like gel, wax, or mousse if possible.
4. Massage your scalp
One of the best tricks to prevent hair loss is to massage your scalp every day. It also promotes the growth of new hair because it stimulates blood circulation and thus the hair roots are better supplied with oxygen.
- Using your fingertips, massage the scalp in small circles with medium pressure. Start at the forehead and work your way down to the neck.
- The best time to get a scalp massage is right before bed for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- After the massage you will feel a pleasant tingling sensation. This is due to the improved blood circulation in the scalp.
5. Make sure you have enough vitamins
There are many vitamins and minerals offered in tablet form to help combat hair loss. But you should consider the following things:
- These supplements work when you are deficient. However, if your hair loss is genetic or due to disease, it will have no effect.
- Always take the nutritional supplement on medical advice. Some vitamins can be harmful in too high a dose.
- The most effective nutrients for hair loss include biotin, zinc and silicon.
- Only take the pills when you need them.
6. Drink lots of water
This simple trick has many benefits and can help improve the health of your hair. All you have to do is drink at least two liters of water a day.
7. Reduce salt and dairy products in your diet
Diet is very important to the health of your body, including your hair. To prevent hair loss, reduce your intake of salt and dairy products.
Not only can this change in diet combat hair loss, but it is also extremely beneficial for your overall health.
8. Apply essential oils
Certain essential oils are especially good for our hair. You can add it to your shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, or use it for a scalp massage.
We recommend mixing essential oils with a little coconut oil and using them to massage the scalp.
The following oils are particularly suitable:
- Tea tree
9. Reduce stress
Stress is one of the biggest enemies of our health and can have a very negative effect on our bodies. Hair loss is one of the most common symptoms of too much stress.
When you are in a period of nervousness, anxiety, irritability, or stress, you should think about changes in your life to reduce the stress.
In addition, yoga, meditation, exercise, swimming or vacations are good ways to reduce stress and find a better balance.