There is simply nothing better than cooking a delicious and healthy quiche made of Swiss chard and spinach to break the culinary routine. We can make them both vegetarian and vegan.
Some people opt for a healthy lifestyle; they exercise or eat healthier. If you’re one of them, you’ll love this recipe for quiche with Swiss chard and spinach. This is a really delicious vegetarian meal!
Many people complain about the taste and appearance of spinach, but with this recipe you will lose all prejudice. It’s also really important to consume these leafy greens at least once a week.
If you are looking for a healthier lifestyle, our recipe for quiche with Swiss chard and spinach can be a first step in the right direction.
If you choose the ingredients correctly, you can even make this dish vegan.
Before we get started with the recipe, however, let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of spinach and Swiss chard.
Properties of spinach and Swiss chard
Health Benefits of Spinach
Spinach can help strengthen our heart health. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help with arthritis in some cases.
It also helps protect the stomach lining. Thanks to its high content of minerals such as sodium, folic acid and antioxidants, it can also help improve neuronal activity.
Swiss chard, a great ally for your organism
This leafy vegetables has excellent properties as it rich in vitamin A is. This will help keep the skin healthy and improve vision.
It also contains folic acid, which helps produce white and red blood cells and strengthens the immune system.
Chard also contains many minerals, such as potassium, which gives us energy during a hectic day.
The magnesium it contains supports intestinal health and iron can prevent anemia in certain people and increase hemoglobin levels.
How to make quiche with Swiss chard and spinach
If you ever want to break out of the culinary routine, all you have to do is use your creativity a little and open yourself to various pieces of advice.
This quiche with Swiss chard and spinach will surprise everyone and even the little ones in the household will taste good.
In this way, you not only present your family with a more diverse menu, but also take care of their health. The ingredients are easily available and the preparation is also not complicated at all.
This dish is full of nutrients that not only tickle the palate, but also give you and your family more energy and vitality.
- 3 cups of spinach (135 g)
- 2 cups Swiss chard (90 g)
- 1/2 onion
- 2 shortcrust pastry sheets
- 3 boiled eggs
- 1/4 grated cheese (50 g)
- 1 egg white
- 1 spoonful of nutmeg (15 g)
- 2 spoons of salt (30 g)
- 1 spoon of pepper (15 g)
- 1 spoon of olive oil (15 ml)
To make the chard and spinach quiche, follow these steps:
- First take a flat cake tin and lay out the shortcrust pastry plate as the base for the quiche with Swiss chard and spinach.
- Use olive oil to grease the cake pan before adding any other ingredients.
- Then wash the spinach and chard and cut them into small strips. Then put them in a bowl and add the egg white and cheese there too. Mix everything well.
- Then stir in the salt, nutmeg, and pepper to improve the taste.
- Then put the mixture on the shortcrust pastry base and cover it with a layer of egg slices. Then cover everything with the second shortcrust pastry sheet.
- Then preheat the oven to 180 or 200 degrees. Place the quiche with Swiss chard and spinach in the oven for about 30 minutes after the oven has heated up.
- Refer to the color of the quiche to see if it’s done. It should be golden brown. You can also pierce it with a toothpick.
If you prefer the dish vegan, you can replace the protein with tofu puree, flaxseed or cornstarch with two spoons of water (30 ml). You can also use other vegetables, such as onions or red peppers.
A vegan quiche can now be bought in some supermarkets and in specialist shops for healthy eating. Instead of boiled egg slices, it is also possible to use eggplant.
This makes the dish even healthier! Also vegan cheese is an option to satisfy particularly health-conscious.
Did you pay attention and learn how to make this chard and spinach quiche? We are sure that once you’ve tried them, you’ll keep cooking them. What are you waiting for?