Green apple is rich in antioxidants, lemon is very rich in vitamins and honey has wonderful properties. A composition that protects your lungs and strengthens the airways.
Lung functions can be improved with this green apple, honey and lemon smoothie. Therefore, this drink is also very helpful for smokers and would-be non-smokers and their lungs.
To protect your lungs , we recommend drinking this smoothie with breakfast every day.
Easy and inexpensive to prepare, it’s a great way to use the antioxidants it contains to combat the harmful effects of pollution on the lungs.
Green apple, honey and lemon benefits for your lungs
The main task of the lungs is to supply the body with oxygen. Without oxygen, the cells would not be able to carry out their functions and our organs would fail.
Did you know that we breathe 25,000 times a day? The most common lung diseases lead to breathing difficulties, which means less oxygen for our organism.
This is why it is extremely important to see a doctor if you experience shortness of breath, unfounded exhaustion, or chest pain. But especially if you smoke!
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, asthma or pneumonia are very common diseases of this vital organ.
Note that in most cases, cigarette consumption is the trigger for these illnesses.
Then you will learn more about the positive properties of the ingredients used:
Green apple improves lung functions
According to a study by the Health Science Department at London’s Saint George Hospital, UK, apples, specifically green apples, improve lung health.
How did you come to this conclusion?
- 2,500 male subjects were tested. Many of them were overweight and smoked between the ages of 45 and 59. Half of the participants introduced green apples in their diet, the other half ate as before.
- All of them were regularly tested for lung capacity. After 1 year it was found that the difference between the two groups was remarkable.
- Those who consumed more citrus fruits and juices and also green apples had fewer problems filling their lungs with oxygen than the rest of the subjects.
- If her consumption increased to 2 apples a day, her lung capacity improved even more.
- Experts inform that a diet rich in antioxidants (e.g. the vitamin C in lemon) protects the lungs against harmful environmental influences, e.g. B. ozone or nitrogen dioxide protect.
- Vitamins A, E and C and the beta-carotene from green apples also strengthen lung functions.
Honey, remedy for your lungs
Honey is nature’s golden elixir. However, you should note that the honey is natural and pure in order to benefit from its therapeutic and healing properties.
The honey should not be heated to over 60 ° C or industrially treated, otherwise a large part of the enzymes, antioxidants and antibiotic properties are destroyed.
- Honey has antibacterial and antifungal properties and strengthens the immune system.
- Honey is also a natural antiseptic that is used to relieve illnesses such as the flu, runny nose, and pneumonia.
Lemon, a healing citrus fruit
- Lemon juice helps detoxify the body and then cleanses the lungs as well.
- The high proportion of vitamin C and the antioxidants protect the alveoli and lung tissue from harmful environmental influences that we constantly breathe.
- The lemon strengthens the immune system and helps to recover faster from the flu and runny nose.
- 1 green apple
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 200 ml of water
- For the preparation of this smoothie you should use natural products as far as possible in order to really achieve the antibiotic and therapeutic effects of the antioxidants on our lungs.
- Wash the apple thoroughly, peel it and then cut it into quarters. Mix with lemon juice, honey and water in a blender until you get a light drink.
- Serve the smoothie in your favorite glass.
Then drink this drink with breakfast every morning. Your defenses will be strengthened and you will then take care of your lungs. Especially smokers or those who are about to quit should not do without this product!