Apple cider vinegar not only gives the hair a beautiful shine, it also has an antiseptic effect and helps to eliminate excess oil and reduce dandruff.
Dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis are two common ailments that can affect anyone at any age. The complaints are uncomfortable and bothersome.
For example, dandruff can result from a dry scalp. The falling skin particles can be seen particularly well on the shoulders, especially when wearing dark clothing.
Some of those affected suffer greatly and are ashamed.
A worse condition is seborrheic eczema, as the skin rash with flaking and redness can also lead to hair loss and infection.
So today we would like to tell you about home remedies for dandruff and seborrheic eczema .
How do dandruff develop?
Dandruff can develop for a variety of reasons. Here are some of them:
- Fungal diseases
- poor diet
- increased stress
- Use of chemical products (e.g. hair dyes)
Below are various home remedies that are effective at fighting dandruff, seborrheic eczema.
Honey used to treat sebohorric eczema
An excellent home remedy is honey. It has also been proven in scientific studies that honey helps very well with this scalp problem.
The participants who were treated with honey were completely cured after a short time.
For this remedy you need a mixture of 90% pure bee honey and 10% lukewarm water.
Apply the mixture to the scalp with gentle massaging movements. Then cover your head with a towel. Then you should let the mixture work for at least three hours.
You can then rinse them off with lukewarm water.
You should do this treatment every day for a full month. After that, it is enough once a week for another six months.
Gradually, this will make the annoying discomfort go away. Symptoms are usually cured after six months.
Additional treatments and recommendations for dandruff and seborrheic eczema
- Pour boiling water over some dandelion. As soon as the tea has cooled down a bit, you can drink it. We recommend dandelion tea three times a day until you feel better.
- Horsetail tea is also helpful against such ailments. Pour one cup of boiling water over a tablespoon of dried horsetail. Drink this tea daily.
- If your body is producing excess sebum, you need to watch your diet as well. Otherwise, the symptoms may get worse. In particular, you should avoid fatty foods such as fried foods, ready meals and fatty sauces. Instead, vegetables are ideal, especially vegetables that are high in selenium and zinc. Examples are cucumber, pumpkin, onion, asparagus, eggplant, figs and nuts.
Home remedies for dandruff
- To reduce dandruff, you can rub apple cider vinegar on your scalp. Simply apply apple cider vinegar with gentle massages, let it work for about 20 minutes and then rinse off with plenty of lukewarm water. You can use this remedy two to three times a week.
- Tea tree oil can also be very effective against dandruff because it has antibacterial, antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibiotic properties. Therefore it is a good solution for a wide variety of problems.
- You can make a home remedy from apple cider vinegar, rosemary, and mint that will show excellent results after a short time. Add fresh rosemary sprigs and mint leaves to 1 liter of apple cider vinegar. These then have to brew for about 20 days. Then you can strain them off and the home remedy is ready. This extract is then gently massaged into the scalp. After a working time of 15-20 minutes, you can wash your hair as usual.
- Finally, a recommendation: wash your hair frequently. This will prevent the scalp from becoming oily and worsening its condition.
We wish you relief and healing with the support of these home remedies for dandruff and seborrheic eczema!