Shoulder pain can be very uncomfortable and interfere with everyday activities. But there are natural ways to relieve the pain. Medicines are not always necessary.
Pain in the shoulders can be uncomfortable and restrict everyday movement. In addition to the pain, there is also swelling and limited mobility of the shoulder joint. If you don’t do anything about shoulder pain , it could become chronic!
It is a common ailment, but there are several measures that can be taken to alleviate it. If there is a dislocation or a fracture, a doctor’s visit is necessary. In milder cases , you can use various home remedies for shoulder pain .
The most common causes and symptoms
The most common triggers for shoulder pain include:
- Tendon calcification
The following problems can also lead to this:
A shoulder dislocation or dislocation is when the shoulder joint is dislocated. This can be done while exercising or by a punch.
If the ligaments, tendons, and muscles that normally tighten the shoulder joint become loose or even tear, a sudden dislocation can occur. This causes pain and instability when the arm is raised or moved forward.
In this case, it is bursitis, which can be caused by an injury, constant friction between muscles and bones, or an infection. This can be the case, for example, if the shoulders are overloaded.
As a result, pain develops, which hinders the performance of daily activities such as combing or dressing.
The tendons consist of connective tissue fibers and have the task of connecting muscles and bones. Tendonitis, or tendinitis, occurs when you do repetitive exercises without using proper posture.
Trauma or a sprain can also be responsible.
A bone fracture in the shoulder area can occur due to a fall, an accident or even during sports. In this case, there is intense pain and swelling.
This is a degenerative joint disease that is also associated with torn muscles or tendons and inflammation.
The shoulder area is painful, stiff and swollen.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation of the joints. Here, too, there is pain, swelling, redness and deformation.
Advice on prevention against shoulder pain
- Avoid overloading. If you have to lift a heavy weight, ask for help!
- Also, be careful when exercising in the gym. Muscles don’t get strong any faster when you lift more weight. If you want to avoid injuries, you should gradually increase the weight.
- Performing exercises regularly and correctly can prevent injuries.
- Before starting any physical activity, warm up all areas to prevent injury. Don’t forget to do stretching exercises before and after your workout!
Natural remedies for shoulder pain
If you have shoulder pain, these natural remedies can be very helpful. However, if the pain is intense and not relieving, you should definitely see a specialist who can help you.
1. Rosemary for joints with rheumatism or arthritis
- ½ cup of rosemary (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon of clove oil (15 ml)
- 1 cup of vegetable oil (250 ml)
- Cotton wool
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan and warm up.
- Bring everything to a boil, then wait two minutes.
- Take off the stove and let it steep.
- Then moisten cotton wool with it and place it on your shoulder. You can secure the cotton with the bandage.
- Let this home remedy work all night long.
2. Lemon for arthritis
For arthritic pain, there is nothing like the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
- Juice of 5 lemons
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- Mix both ingredients well.
- Drink this drink on an empty stomach every day until you feel relief.
3. Menthol ointment for shoulder pain
You can easily and quickly make your own ointment for joint pain and massage the affected areas with it to relieve the discomfort.
- 1 cup witch hazel (200 g)
- 4 tablespoons of Lanonlin (60 ml)
- 6 tablespoons of menthol (90 ml)
- Warm up all ingredients in a water bath until a thick paste is formed.
- Remove from heat, pour into a glass and let cool down.
- Apply the ointment to the affected areas with circular massages.
- Leave it on all night long.
Pay attention to these tips and especially the causes that lead to the shoulder pain in order to apply the correct treatment.