Leek has a diuretic effect and thus stimulates the excretion of toxins via the kidneys. It also supplies the body with important vitamins and minerals, as well as soluble and insoluble fiber, from which digestion benefits
This simple leek- based remedy ideally complements your diet and also supports a diet for weight loss. Because it also helps to detoxify the organism, it also promotes health.
This vegetable, the leek , has a much less intense taste than the onion. If you don’t already eat leeks regularly, then why not try using them instead of onions in various recipes.
Leek is an antioxidant food that has been used primarily by women since ancient times to promote health.
There are sources from ancient Greece and also from Rome that show that leeks were used to improve fertility and also to strengthen the heart. It was also consumed at times when one felt tired and exhausted.
In this article, we would like to show you how you can prepare it in such a way that it helps you to detoxify and lose weight. We are sure that the information presented here will be very helpful for you to achieve your desired weight.
Leeks for good health
A botanist would explain to us that the leek belongs to the leek family, which also includes well-known house plants such as the amaryllis.
While the latter is not edible, the former is characterized by an onion-like taste, which is, however, much weaker than that of onion and garlic. This makes it versatile in terms of gastronomy.
We have already presented some foods on our blog that can have prophylactic or therapeutic effects, e.g. carrots, garlic and lemon. But we rarely talked about the leek. Time we changed that!
Leeks as a rich source of healthy nutrients
- Leek contains numerous antioxidants, flavonoids, which prevent damage to genetic material by free radicals and thus protect many tissues.
- By his consumption of the body is also with vitamins supplied, especially with Vitamin A and Vitamin C. These support the excretion of metabolic end products and toxins and promote the healing of inflammations.
- Another important vitamin in the leek is folic acid. Pregnant women in particular should consume sufficient amounts of folic acid.
- In addition to vitamins, these healthy vegetables also provide minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron and zinc. These elements are essential for health and wellbeing.
- Its content of soluble and insoluble fiber enables digestion to be regulated and the prevention of common complaints such as bloating and constipation.
- If you are on a diet and want to lose weight, you will also agree that leeks are low in calories. There are just 61 kcal in 100 grams of fresh leek.
A natural antibiotic
- Leeks contain as much allicin as garlic, which makes it a powerful natural antibiotic.
- There are studies that ascribe a cholesterol-lowering effect to the allicin contained in these vegetables . This is due to an inhibition of certain liver enzymes. Both are very healthy!
For a healthy heart
Our easy-to-prepare remedy is an ideal ally for your cardiovascular system.
Regular consumption of leeks leads to an increased release of nitric oxide, which causes the vessels to expand and thus improves blood circulation.
The formation of thrombi, which can trigger a stroke, for example, is prevented.
Detoxify with leek
Leek consists mostly of water. It has a diuretic effect and thus stimulates the elimination of toxins. Perhaps you have already heard of the detoxifying effect of the leek – and if not, then you have now learned something valuable!
How the remedy is prepared
- 3 leeks
- 1 liter of water
- Juice of one lemon
- This remedy, which makes it easier to lose weight, is prepared with three large leeks and the juice of a lemon.
- First bring the water in the pot to a boil. In the meantime, clean the leek and squeeze the lemon, if you haven’t already.
- Cut the leek into small pieces and add them to the boiling water.
- Cook the vegetables well. Then take it out of the water that is the base of your remedy.
- Put it in a glass jar and add some lemon juice.
- The vegetables can also be used to prepare other delicacies!
- The first cup of this remedy drink in the morning, right after getting up and on an empty stomach. Preferably lukewarm. This temperature helps to get the metabolism going and to stimulate detoxification at an early hour.
- Before lunch, you should drink another cup of leek infusion.
- In the afternoon, following the third dose and pre-dinner finally the fourth.
We recommend drinking this remedy in the form of a cure for ten consecutive days. It should be accompanied by a healthy and balanced diet that is low in fat. Some exercise will make losing weight even easier.
You will not only see the results on the scales, but also recognize them in the increased well-being.