Plant-based milk made from canary grass has many health benefits and can also help you lose weight if you incorporate it regularly into your diet.
Have you already tasted canary grass milk ? It is a plant-based milk that is low in calories and very popular for its health benefits.
Although the small seeds were only used as bird food for a long time, they have many health-promoting properties and, for example, provide important enzymes and amino acids that benefit us all.
The dry seeds are soaked in water so that the abundance of fiber and biologically high-quality proteins can be optimally used.
You not only supply your organism with healthy nutrients, you can also promote digestion and stimulate liver functions at the same time. This makes it easier for your body to get rid of toxins.
In today’s article you will learn all you need to know about the health-promoting properties of canary seed and how you can use it to make your own very healthy plant-based milk.
How is canary grass milk made?
Milk from canary seed contains only a few calories and is therefore safe to drink every day. It is a healthy addition to a balanced diet.
This plant-based milk is very easy to make, start the evening before as the seeds need to be soaked.
- 6 tablespoons canary seeds (90 g)
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- Soak the seeds in water overnight.
- The next day, pour off the water and process the seeds with the rest of the water in a blender or blender until a homogeneous drink is obtained.
- Pour through a sieve to remove the remains.
- Drink 1 cup of canary grass milk on an empty stomach and 2 to 3 cups during the day.
Health benefits of canary grass milk
Canary seeds consist of 16.6% high-quality proteins and contain 11.8% dietary fiber.
Prepared as milk, the enzyme content is particularly high. This can improve the utilization of glucose by the cells.
Canary seeds also contain vitamins and minerals and can therefore do a lot for your health.
Better digestion with canary grass milk
The enzymes in this plant milk improve digestion and stimulate the conversion of starch into glucose.
- The anti-inflammatory properties help with irritated stomach lining and can prevent heartburn and ulcers.
- This also regulates the bowel movement, which is why this plant-based milk is also effective against diarrhea and constipation.
Protects cardiovascular health
Canary grass milk is one of the best home remedies for bad cholesterol (LDL) buildup in the arteries.
- The antioxidant active ingredients prevent plaque formation and flush lipids out of the arteries. This plant milk can therefore be of great use in preventing atherosclerosis.
Helps you lose weight
The detoxifying and digestive properties of this drink are excellent to aid healthy weight loss.
- It’s not a miracle cure, but canary grass milk helps rid the body of toxins and prevents metabolic disorders.
- The fiber it contains has a very satiating effect and therefore helps you to better control hunger pangs.
Against fluid retention
Canary seeds have dehydrating properties and support kidney functions. Liquids that would otherwise be stored in the tissue can be drained away through the urine.
This is very helpful, especially for patients with edema or swelling, to prevent complications and pain.
Cleansing the liver
The natural antioxidants and enzymes in canary grass milk are wonderful for cleansing the liver and optimizing its functions.
This can also inhibit cell oxidation by free radicals and promote fat breakdown. At the same time, this can prevent heavy digestions.
Works against urinary tract infections
The nutrients in canary grass milk strengthen the immune system and therefore also help with urinary tract infections.
The diuretic effect promotes cleaning of the urinary tract and the bladder, so the pathogens can be excreted more easily.
Have you already tasted this delicious plant milk? You now know the numerous advantages, do not doubt to prepare this delicious recipe for yourself to benefit from it too!