In a vegan diet, seeds and dried fruits can provide enough protein to build muscles.
Have you made the decision to switch to a vegan diet because the environment, animals and your health are important to you? Would you like to know how you can build your muscles despite a purely plant-based diet? Then we recommend this article to you, because today’s topic is building muscle with a vegan diet.
Read on to find out more!
Building muscle with a vegan diet
We’ll show you two recipes that can help you build muscle . They’re delicious and easy!
The mixed drink is ideal for breakfast and dinner. You eat the salad as your main meal at lunchtime. These are very balanced recipes that do not lead to nutritional deficiencies.
Nevertheless, you shouldn’t continue this diet for more than 4 weeks at a time.
Otherwise you will be bored, and a varied diet is always best. Another option is to stick to the diet for one week at a time and always take a week off in between.
The recipes taste delicious, try them out!
Mixed drink to build muscle
This mixed drink is very complete because it contains high quality protein, fruit and vegetables. You need protein powder with different flavors for this. So you won’t get bored!
- 1 ice cube
- 6 medium-sized strawberries, well cleaned
- 1 cup of young spinach leaves, well cleaned (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of protein powder with the desired taste (15 g)
- 10 almonds
- 1 tablespoon of almond or peanut butter, organic and vegan (20 g)
- 1 cup coconut milk (250 ml)
- Mix everything well and drink immediately after preparation.
Vegan salad for building muscle
This salad tastes delicious because it is refined with a wide variety of spices. If you get bored, you can also season with other spices or aromatic herbs.
However, you cannot use store-bought marinades or sauces, which usually contain a lot of salt and preservatives.
If you wish, you can prepare a marinade yourself using fresh fruit juice and a little oil.
You can also try different types of oil: avocado oil, sesame oil, herbal oil …
- 1 tablespoon of water (15 ml)
- A pinch of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (5 g)
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (16 g)
- ½ cup chopped onions (110 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ pack of tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 cup of well washed spinach leaves (30 g)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Mix the water, thyme, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl and let stand.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan.
- Then add the garlic and onion and fry for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Then add the tofu cubes and fry for 10 minutes.
- Now add the spice mixture to the pan and stir everything well.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then take the pan off the stove.
- You can now serve the salad on a plate with the avocado slices.
As you can see, these two recipes are very simple and they can also taste very good. In addition, the ingredients are inexpensive and easily available.
Seeds and dried fruits for muscle building
Seeds and dried fruits contain high quality proteins and can therefore replace dishes with meat. You can take them with you wherever you go, so there’s no excuse!
For example, we recommend:
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (15 g protein)
- ¼ cup almonds (10 g protein)
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (12 g protein).