Ponche de crema is a typical Venezuelan liqueur. Today we present you three different recipes with which you can make this drink yourself.
Have you tried ponche de crema before? It is a Venezuelan eggnog that is typically served at Christmas, but is also great at other times of the year and various celebrations. Surprise your guests with this delicious drink. You can also serve it in summer, Venezuela is warm at Christmas too!
Every family has their own recipe for ponche de crema, so there are countless variations. Today we recommend three different preparation options.
Simply make ponche de crema yourself
You only need a few ingredients and a mixer for this recipe. Your ponche de crema is ready in just 10 minutes ! Then put it in the refrigerator so that it tastes extra tasty.
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup white or brown rum (Venezuela mostly uses cacique rum, but other types are also suitable)
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites and save the egg whites for another recipe.
- Beat the egg yolks with the blender for three minutes so that they become nice and frothy.
- Then you add the vanilla essence, the condensed milk and the rum.
- Blend everything for 5 minutes.
- Then put the ponche de crema in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Then serve it with ice cubes.
Ponche de crema with sugar
This classic version is made with custard cream that contains sugar. If you like creamy, consistent liquors, this recipe is for you.
Ingredients for the pudding cream
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon of maizena
- 2 egg yolks
- 1.5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla essence
Ingredients for the ponche de crema
- Custard cream
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 cup of white or brown rum
Easy preparation of the pudding cream
- Blend all of the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Then you put them in a saucepan and heat them at medium temperature. You have to keep stirring with a wooden spoon!
- After boiling, let the custard cream cook for another minute and then take it off the stove.
- Then let them cool to ambient temperature.
- Then place the custard cream in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
Preparation of the ponche de crema
- Blend all of the ingredients for two minutes, then add the pudding cream.
- Mix everything well, then serve the drink with ice cubes.
Ponche de crema with lemon
You can use the whole egg for this recipe. You get a very creamy Venezuelan egg liqueur with a slightly sour taste of lemon.
- 2 cans of condensed milk
- 2 eggs and an additional 2 egg yolks
- 1 L milk
- 1 L white or brown rum
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence
- Lemon zest
- 1/4 of a teaspoon with nutmeg
- Separate the yolks and whites and beat the whites to snow.
- Then stir the 4 egg yolks and fold in the egg whites.
- Then add the milk, the condensed milk and the vanilla essence and stir everything well again.
- Then add the lemon zest and the grated nutmeg.
- Finally, slowly add the rum into the mixture and stir again. You can also use less rum, it is best to adapt the drink to your taste.
- Then put it in the fridge and serve it with ice cubes.
- How much alcohol you use for the Venezuelan eggnog depends entirely on your preferences. We recommend that you add the rum slowly and try again and again to find out how you like it best.
- You can use white or brown rum, both of which are great for these recipes.
- The homemade ponche de crema tastes particularly good cold. You should put it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
We hope that you will like these recipes and that you can surprise your guests with them!