Quinoa Risotto with Mushrooms, Chicken and Leek is the perfect option for those who are gluten intolerant or who cannot eat rice, but not up want to forego this delicious dish
The quinoa risotto is extremely rich in nutrients, as the ingredients are characterized by a high content of protein (both vegetable and animal proteins), good cholesterol (HDL), vitamins and minerals.
Quinoa contains all the amino acids that are important for the body, which also aid digestion and eliminate toxins.
In particular, it should be emphasized that quinoa does not contain gluten and is therefore an ideal recipe for people who are intolerant.
If you want, you can also replace the chicken with seitan, so that the quinoa risotto is also suitable for vegetarians or vegans. You can adapt the recipe to your preferences and the wishes of your guests.
Quinoa risotto with mushrooms, chicken and leek
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 1 medium leek
- 2 chicken breasts (500 g)
- 1 spoon of butter (20 g)
- Spices: salt and pepper
- 1 spoon of olive oil (15 ml)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (50 ml)
- 1/4 glass of white wine (50 ml)
- 1 bowl of mushrooms
- 1 spoonful of grated parmesan cheese
- First soak the quinoa in water for at least two hours. Two cups of water per cup of quinoa. Then wash the quinoa again under running water and cook in salted water for about 15 minutes.
- Fry the chicken breast in a pan. Then cut into medium-sized strips.
- Then heat a pan on medium heat and add a drop of olive oil.
- Wash the mushrooms and leek and cut into small pieces. Then put in the pan and fry for a few minutes. Stir constantly so that nothing burns.
- Mix the chicken stock and white wine in a container and set aside.
- When the quinoa is ready, drain the water and add to the leeks and mushrooms. Add the chicken broth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix the risotto with the chicken breast strips and arrange in a bowl. Then sprinkle with some grated parmesan and a pinch of black pepper.
- The quinoa risotto can be served both as a side dish and as a main course.
Quinoa risotto with pumpkin and peas
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cups of quinoa (200 g)
- 1 can of peas (150 g)
- native olive oil
- 1 cup of pumpkin (150 g)
- Spices: salt and black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock (750 ml)
- 1 spoon of lemon juice (15 ml)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (150 g)
- 1 teaspoon of Provencal herbs (5 g)
- 1/2 cup white wine (125 ml)
- Prepare the quinoa in the same way as in the previous recipe.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes. Then add the lemon juice and microwave for a few minutes at maximum temperature.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves. Then cut the onion into thin slices and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add a drop of olive oil. Fry the onion for a few minutes. Then add the chopped garlic and mix.
- Then add the cooked quinoa, half of the chicken stock and the white wine and the Provencal herbs to the pan. Stir well so that the ingredients mix well.
- When the chicken broth is noticeably less, add the second half and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Then add the grated cheese and peas, stir again and serve.
As you can see, the quinoa risotto is very easy to prepare and you can add variety with different ingredients. The consistency and taste are very mild.
The secret is how long it takes to cook the quinoa (don’t exceed 15 minutes) and make sure you’re adding the right amount of water. If you pay attention to these details, you will definitely succeed in this delicious dish.