For most of us, stuffed vegetables are not part of the usual menu because we don’t really know them. That should change, however, because such recipes are full of nutrients and hardly have any calories.
Stuffed tomatoes with tuna are definitely an exquisite taste experience. We combine two very contrasting foods that complement each other perfectly.
On the one hand we have the excellent properties of tomatoes with their unique antioxidants as well as valuable vitamins and trace elements. On the other hand, tuna, which is already delicious, contains important proteins and is rich in omega-3.
The calorie content of this dish is around 250 calories per 300 grams, which is equivalent to one serving. However, this can always vary, depending on the preparation and especially if you change the recipe according to your needs.
Be aware, however, that this is not a normal, filling main course. Maybe you will want to eat more of it to keep yourself full.
One aspect that is particularly important here is the good nutritional values that you get from this delicious dish. As already mentioned, the main ingredients are both very healthy and provide you with vitamins and essential fatty acids.
Apart from that, you are getting essential minerals like phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and calcium.
These properties naturally also apply to other fish: In addition to white tuna, salmon, mackerel, sardines and herring are particularly rich in omega-3.
Additional facts about the recipe
If you remember the title, we promised you a delicious and easy recipe: light, not only easy to prepare, but also easily digestible.
Therefore, we want to give you some additional information and facts to get you excited about this delicious recipe. Then you can concentrate fully on the preparation and enjoy this delicious dish.
- Tomato and tuna combined have a nutritional value of 233 calories per serving, which is suitable for one person.
- Of these, 46% are healthy fats, 45% are proteins and only 9% are carbohydrates.
In other words, tuna and tomato are not only delicious, they are also very healthy and will give you plenty of energy for the rest of the day.
So if you take care of your health and are always looking for healthy recipes, then you should definitely try this one.
It is ideal as a light lunch, dinner or as a snack in between to avoid cravings.
But enough of that, let’s finally check out the recipe!
You probably think the preparation is rather complicated up to now, but it is not at all! Just follow our step-by-step instructions for stuffed tomatoes with tuna.
How to make stuffed tomatoes with tuna
You should n’t need more than 20 minutes for the entire preparation . So the recipe is not only delicious and nutritious, it’s also super quick and easy!
- 4 large tomatoes
- 8 olives
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 cans of tuna (without oil) (250 g)
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise (15 ml)
- First of all, you should wash the tomatoes well to remove any germs.
- Then place it on a wooden board and cut a hole in it with a sharp knife (like cutting off a “lid”).
- Then hollow out the tomatoes. Put the juice and seeds in a bowl and mash or stir them. This is the basis of the filling.
- Add the canned tuna, the tablespoon of mayonnaise, and a pinch of salt and pepper each to the bowl and mix well. You should get a relatively homogeneous mass.
- Next, chop up the already cooked eggs and olives, add both to the mixture, and mash and mix the whole thing again. The filling is done!
- Now it’s time to fill the tomatoes: Be careful not to open or crush the tomatoes too much.
- You can now eat these stuffed tomatoes with tuna either raw and fresh, or you can put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees. This way the taste becomes even more intense and you get a warm dish. The choice is up to you, it’s best to try both.
We wish you good luck and bon appetite!