We can support the health of our kidneys through a balanced and healthy diet.
How can we protect the health of our liver and kidneys ? Healthy lifestyle habits and a low-salt and low-fat diet are crucial for this.
Sports activities, giving up tobacco and dealing appropriately with our emotions are factors that should also be considered.
Various fruits are also very effective. Today we introduce you to the best fruits for the health and protection of our liver and kidneys .
1. Watermelon cleanses the liver and kidneys
The watermelon tastes delicious and refreshing. It is perfect in natural juices or for various dishes for lunch or dinner. For example, a salad made from cream cheese, spinach, nuts, watermelon and peppermint tastes great!
Then you will learn why the watermelon promotes liver health, according to naturopaths:
- It has a strong detoxifying and dehydrating effect and is therefore one of the best fruits for cleansing the liver and kidneys
- Melon juice is one of the healthiest options, it has excellent cleansing effects and thus promotes liver and kidney functions.
- Always remember to eat fresh watermelon. If the watermelon is overripe, it can cause more problems than good.
Natural juice is also recommended here. Not only does it taste delicious, it is also one of the best natural remedies for cleaning the bladder and kidneys and improving liver function.
The health benefits of blueberries include the following:
- They are said to be some of the best antioxidants and detoxifying agents that nature offers us.
- They would not only help to cleanse the organism, but also protect against free radicals.
- It is well known that blueberries prevent bacteria from settling in the bladder. This is an effective way of protecting the digestive system.
The lemon is an excellent natural medicine and should therefore never be missing. We have already reported several times about the positive effects of lukewarm water with lemon.
Some claim that this delicious citrus fruit is also an excellent remedy for liver and kidney health.
- The lemon has a strong detoxifying effect and is also very helpful with fatty liver, for example.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals, it strengthens kidney and liver functions.
- This wonderful citrus fruit also helps to break down food as soon as it reaches the stomach, so it has a digestive effect.
Green apples, red apples … all varieties are healthy and promote kidney and liver functions. They also protect your heart. How about adding an apple to your breakfast from today?
Buy organic apples to benefit from the peel, which contains valuable nutrients.
- Apples would not only lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, but also stimulate kidney functions and cleanse the liver.
- A well-washed apple a day (with the peel!) Also promotes your general health!
5. Red grapes
It is said that dark red grapes contain the most antioxidants and are therefore even more effective than light grapes.
- Grapes are a natural diuretic. They would help cleanse the kidneys and also promote liver function.
- They contained valuable antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They would also help in the elimination of harmful substances from the organism.
- Grapes contain a high water content of almost 80%. It is advisable to eat grapes daily, always with the skin on, because this is where many important nutrients can be found.
- Grapes taste excellent alone or in various dishes: for breakfast with oats, Greek yoghurt or, for example, with spinach salad, nuts and watermelon. There are numerous possible combinations.
- A glass of wine or natural grape juice can also promote liver and kidney health. The contained resveratrol is a powerful antioxidant that is also excellent for treating fatty liver. Don’t forget: don’t drink more than one glass of wine a day. However, fresh grape juice without alcohol is even better.