Here you will find useful tips and homemade products to make your wooden floor shine again! All 100% natural ingredients!
You don’t need to buy expensive wax products to make your wooden floor shine again. While these products can of course be effective, there are alternatives that will give you similar results without harsh chemicals.
Best of all, they help keep your floors in good condition as they remove dirt and prevent stains or cracks. We introduce you to environmentally friendly options made from natural ingredients.
Five products to make your wooden floor shine again
Would you like your wooden floor to shine again, and in a natural way? There are many people who are looking for environmentally friendly alternatives. Read on because this is where you’ll find useful tips.
1. Beeswax and Olive Oil
The combination of beeswax and olive oil results in a homemade product for wooden floors and furniture. You can also add a drop of scented oil to make it smell nice after cleaning!
- 100 g beeswax
- 200 ml of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lavender essential oil (optional)
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Then mix with the olive oil and let cool in a screw-top jar. Add the fragrance oil if desired.
- Microwave a small amount of the mixture, then rub the product on the desired wood surface to buff it.
- Use a soft cloth to do this.
2. Coconut oil and lemon
Coconut oil also makes wooden floors shine. In combination with lemon juice, you get a disinfectant that combats bacteria and mites at the same time .
- 100 g coconut oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Melt the coconut oil in a double boiler and then add the lemon juice.
- Keep this remedy in a jar.
- Polish your wooden floors or furniture with this agent. Use a soft cloth to do this. The product is then no longer removed.
3. White wine vinegar and olive oil
The mixture of white wine vinegar and olive oil also makes an environmentally friendly furniture and floor cleaner. Antimicrobial properties help disinfect surfaces. The oil provides a nice shine.
- 125 ml white wine vinegar
- 125 ml of olive oil
- Pour the white wine vinegar into a deep bowl.
- Then add the olive oil and mix well.
- Spray this mixture on wooden surfaces, then buff them with a soft cloth or rag.
- Clean the surface until you get the shine you want.
4. White wine vinegar and jojoba oil
If you don’t have olive oil, you can use vinegar with jojoba oil as well. This combination disinfects and removes unpleasant odors.
- 125 ml white wine vinegar
- 60 ml jojoba oil
- Mix the white wine vinegar and jojoba oil in a bowl.
- Use this product on all types of wooden surfaces and let it work for a short time.
- Then buff the surface until it shines.
5. Almond oil
Almond oil has a moisturizing effect and will make your wooden floor shine again. Simply rub the oil directly onto the surface. This way you can remove stains and dirt residues and give the wood a new shine.
- 60 ml of almond oil
- 125 ml of water
- Mix the water and oil. However, do not use hot water for this!
- Spray the mixture on the surface you want to clean, then buff it with a cloth.
Do you find that your wooden floors or furniture look a bit dull and dull? Then it’s best to try these home remedies for yourself. You can use it to protect your health and the environment!