Coca-Cola is used to clean engines and clogged pipes, so you can get an idea of the ingredients in it.
In recent years, various studies have been carried out that confirm the dreaded assumptions: Coca Cola has very negative effects on health from the first sip.
In recent years, various awareness campaigns have repeatedly pointed out that Coca Cola is harmful to health. Nonetheless, the numbers of consumers are alarming.
It is estimated that 1,600 million Coca-Cola products are consumed around the world every 24 hours .
Properties harmful to health
Coca Cola contains numerous harmful substances that can cause various health problems in the short or long term. A can of cola contains 10 spoons of sugar and various additives that are harmful to the body’s organs.
What happens when you drink Coca Cola?
- After 10 minutes: The sudden ingestion of 10 spoonfuls of sugar has serious consequences for our body. Vomiting does not occur because the organism produces phosphoric acid.
- After 20 minutes: The glucose causes the insulin levels to rise, which causes the liver to convert the sugar into fat. Don’t forget the amount of 10 spoons of sugar!
- After 40 minutes: the organism has completely absorbed the caffeine. The consequences are dilated pupils, higher blood pressure and the release of sugar into the blood by the liver. This in turn causes the adenosine receptors (a molecule that dominates during sleep) to block and keep you awake and alert.
- After 45 minutes: the body produces dopamine, a substance that makes the brain feel happy. This effect is compared to that of heroin.
- After 60 minutes: After this time you will usually feel an urge to urinate. What most do not know is that calcium, magnesium and zinc are excreted, which should actually ensure strong bones. Other valuable active ingredients that could not be absorbed are also excreted in the urine. Gradually, there is a drop in sugar, which can result in slowness or fatigue.
What pollutants does Coca Cola contain?
As already mentioned, Coca Cola contains not only large amounts of sugar but also other pollutants. Below we list the most important of these substances and their harmful effects:
- Soda water: This leads to increased gastric secretion, which leads to increased acid formation and flatulence.
- Sodium cylamate, or sugar substitute: This substance is 200 times sweeter than sugar. In various studies it has been found that the consumption of sodium cyclamate increases the risk of bladder cancer, which is why the FDA banned this substance as early as 1969 (US Food and Drug Administration).
- Aspartame: Another sugar substitute that has also been banned by the FDA. When heated strongly, this substance breaks down into methanol (alcohol) and phenylalalin, which destroy the optic nerve and can lead to blindness.
- Orthophosphoric acid: This is an extremely acidic substance that can cause skin and eye irritation.
Alternative uses of Coca Cola
- Coca Cola is used, among other things, to clean engines.
- In the United States, police use Coca Cola to remove traces of blood from the asphalt after an accident.
- Coca Cola is also used to clean oxidized surfaces (made of chrome) or oxidized car battery components.
- In India, farmers use Coca Cola instead of pesticides to control pests because this drink is cheap and very effective.
- One of the most famous uses of Coca Cola is in cleaning drains and pipes.